1 a cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie [syn: bolo tie, bola tie, bola]
2 long heavy knife with a single edge; of Philippine origin [syn: bolo knife]
Bolo may be:
- Bolo knife, a Filipino machete used for agricultural purposes and as a weapon.
- Bolo punch, a wide sweeping uppercut used in boxing.
- Bolo tie, decorative string with an ornament clasp worn around the neck, worn in the American West, also known as a bola tie
- a community or tribe in bolo'bolo (1983), by Swiss author P.M..
- Bolo, a slang term for Bolsheviks during the Russian Civil War.
- BOLO, an acronym used by law enforcement for "Be On The Lookout".
- Bolas, a throwing rope with weights at both ends to entangle prey.
- Bolo (slang), anything good in life; it is often yelled in a drunken rage.
bolo in Spanish: Bolo
bolo in French: Bolo (homonymie)